Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's been a while..

I decided it is about time to do some blogging again..

Although this winter has been fun - I met my niece Fiona who was born Jan 20th, got some skiing in, chased coyotes in the truck with Dylan and everything else - I am ready for the spring and summer. The daffodils have sprouted (no flowers yet) in the back yard and the yesterday's 82F day teased me when I know we could still get another snow storm...

The family is all doing well. Dylan has gotten quite a bit of prairie dog hunting in this winter and is happy about that. Avery is almost sitting up completely independently - he doesn't know his tipping point, so will go from sitting up to making a face plant into the ground in one motion. He loves food (just like his mom) and screams when he's hungry (just like his mom :) ). Captain and Gauge are both good. Captain is still needy and Gauge is starting to show her age even though she is only 7 or so. She has an issue with her back near her tail and is sore to the point of not wanting to move in the mornings after having run the day before. She'll get up to go outside and will squeal with her butt down.. poor girl. Fortunately, we have some prescription pain medicine to help her out on the bad days. Its sad because she loves running out in the fields so much.... she a natural hunting dog.

I've started doing some more photo editing again. I've been working on some pictures of Dylan's family that I started a long time ago. Editing the pictures is very mind stimulating and therapeutic for me. Here are a couple of restorations I've done. In this one, I fixed the coloring, removed the strange glare that goes around the picture (predominately in the lower right corner) and done some minor touch ups.


















In the second set of pictures, I fixed the coloring, repaired the crease and tear, recreated the bottom part of the girl on the left's dress, and did some minor touch ups to blemishes and stains on the photo.

















That's about all I have for today... hopefully it won't be so many months until my next blog..

1 comment: