Monday, March 23, 2009

Bittersweet - Good bye WRX

Dylan and I made the big decision over the weekend to get rid of my car. Its bittersweet because I'm very sad to let go of my car - its been great to me.. and fun.. and fast... But this allows us to save up money to buy a car and hopefully not have a payment - which is good both with the state of the economy and with the baby on the way. I'm not sure what we'll end up getting at this point, but we aren't planning on buying anything soon. For the time being, I'm super cool driving Dylan's mom's 1997 Dodge Caravan. I look about as cool in it as I feel driving it. Its quite a change from the Subie, but I am definitely very thankful that we are able to use it and go some time without a car payment. We may even wait until after the baby comes and see how much space we need with the wheelchair, car seat, and stroller in the car.


The other big event of the weekend was Captain's bath. Somehow he knew as soon as I went into the bedroom what he was in for. He went straight for his bed and laid there. I would tell him to come and he'd just look at me like I'm crazy. Then he just rolled on his side and played dead. He's never this calm normally.. Its just his defense mechanism - dead weight is definitely harder to drag to the tub than a rambunctious dog. I finally tricked him into the tub using a treat - that dog is a sucker for anything he can eat. Most of the time he just acts as a mop and tries cleaning the kitchen floor in case there is the slightest residue of food on the floor.. probably why his breath always stinks so bad. Anyway, I finally get him in the tub and give him a bath. Of course he is filthy because that dog just attracts dirt. We had gone to the dog park and apparently there was only one good place to lay down - in the mud puddle. So now, he's all clean from his bath and I put him outside to dry (for those of you that don't live here, it was in the 70s on Sunday). By the time I get the bathroom back in order and go out to help dry him off some more, he's already walked all in the dirt so his feet and ankles were covered in dirt! So much for all the hard work and giving the dog a bath..

2 comments:

  1. Glad that the van makes you feel good. You look pretty cool in it so based on what you said, you must feel pretty cool. Just think of all the dinero going into savings! We will find you something fun in the future :)

    Captain feels pretty soft, thanks for washing him. Even if his feet did get dirty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a brave girl. Both for washing captain and for driving the mini van!! Can't believe D allows such a thing! We always told him he'd end up with one. lol We're so happy for the both of you. Can't wait to have a new cousin.

    Moose & Emmitt

    ReplyDelete